What We Are Looking For:
We are currently seeking a Press Brake Operator to set-up and operate a down-acting Amada 12ft. press brake and/or be willing to learn to set-up and operate a down-acting JMT 20ft. press brake. Be knowledgeable or be willing to learn various material types such as cold rolled steel, galvanized, stainless steel, aluminum and copper.
- High Energy
- Self Motivated
- Detailed Oriented
- Team Oriented
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform technical support via telephone, fax, & email. Provides customers with answers to technical questions, over the phone troubleshooting, drawings, & general assistance
- Perform field service warranty & service calls as well as startup services for new installations.
- Complete new product research, development, & evaluation
- Complete functional testing of all models of completed controllers & custom built controls
- Assist engineering department with research, development, and evaluation of new proposed equipment
- Process RGA & apply customer credit when appropriate
- Designs & constructs new test equipment
- Perform quality inspections & documentation for all TSSI projects
- Math Skills: Good math skills will help press brake operators understand complex instructions, how schematics work and make sure items are designed and built correctly.
- Problem Solving Skills: Press brake operators will need to know why machines are not at peak performance, how to increase output and how to fix errors.
- Attention to Detail: Press brakes are precision equipment. Being off by millimeters could be a critical error. Keen attention to detail is required.
- Stamina: Press brake operators often work long hours doing repetitive movements.
- Experienced in an industrial/manufacturing environment.
- Experience running/operating heavy machinery
- Ability to read calipers and a tape measure.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- We are willing to train
- Previous experience operating and setting up a press brake.
- Ability to read and understand blueprints.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Language Skills: Ability to speak effectively on a one to one basis with the supervisor and coworkers.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle; or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stop, kneel or crouch.
- The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Must be comfortable handling 16ft. and/or 20ft. parts.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.