We are looking for a Buyer that coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, and advertising for organization by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Reviews requisition. Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability and delivery schedule.
- Selects products for purchase by testing, observing or examining items. Estimates values according to knowledge of market price.
- Determines method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid.
- Prepares purchase orders or bid requests.
- Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Maintains procurement records such as items or service purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance and inventories.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with inspection or quality control personnel, users, vendors and others determine source of trouble and take corrective action.
- Approves invoices for payment.
- Expedites delivery of goods to users.
- Assists in stockroom inventory.
- Participate in training other company employees as well as sharing knowledge
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree (BA) or equivalent from four- year college or university; and two to three years related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.