What We Are Looking For:
We are currently seeking an Electrician that assembles structural and sheet metal components to construct pre-fabricated steel structures, and mounts electrical equipment within the structures. This position provides an amazing work environment! Electricians work indoors only, so no more inclement weather and competing with others at job sites.
- High Energy
- Self Motivated
- Detailed Oriented
- Team Oriented
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Reads blueprints, process sheets, and assembly drawings and receives verbal instructions regarding work instructions.
- Installs and mounts/anchors electrical components such as transformers, switchboards, switch-gear, motor control centers, control equipment, panel-boards, cable trays, and wire ways.
- Must be experienced in an industrial/commercial environment.
- Proficient running conduit.
- Basic NEC knowledge of conduit, grounding.
- Complex circuitry, PLC, control wiring, MV termination experience is a plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot/problem solve.
- Proficient running conduit.
- Journeyman level experience. License preferred, but not required.
- Examines equipment for defects prior to installation.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one or two years of related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret drawings and documents such as safety rules, and installation instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively on a one to one basis with the supervisor and coworkers.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid forklift operator’s license preferred.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle; or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stop, kneel or crouch.
The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.