Quality Control Test Technician
What We Are Looking For:
We are currently seeking a Quality Control Test Technician who provides instruction & leadership to employees & customers in the areas of customer service, trouble shooting, startups, parts, field service, warranty evaluations, and returned goods. Design and construct new test equipment. Assist test, service & quality control departments. Perform new product R&D & evaluation, Provide technical training for customers, representatives & employees on new & existing products.
- High Energy
- Self Motivated
- Detailed Oriented
- Able to work autonomously
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Perform technical support via telephone, fax, & email. Provides customers with answers to technical questions, over the phone troubleshooting, drawings, & general assistance
- Perform field service warranty & service calls as well as startup services for new installations.
- Complete new product research, development, & evaluation
- Complete functional testing of all models of completed controllers & custom built controls
- Assist engineering department with research, development, and evaluation of new proposed equipment
- Process RGA & apply customer credit when appropriate
- Designs & constructs new test equipment
- Perform quality inspections & documentation for all TSSI projects
- Ability to read & interpret wiring schematics
- Experience working with 12 VDC to 120 VDC
- Experience working with 12 VAC to 38,600 VAC
- Ability to troubleshoot relay logic & PLC based circuits
- Across the line & reduced current motor control troubleshooting & testing
- Variable frequency drive control troubleshooting & testing
- Switch board troubleshooting & testing
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment & conduct training over the phone
- Ability to travel for extended periods of time (up to 75% of the time) to accomplish customer training, service repairs or start ups
- Must have a clean driving record & be eligible for government clearance work
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one year certificate from technical school; or three to four years of related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The position lifts heavy objects, walks and stands for long periods of time. The employee lifts, pushes, pulls or carries objects; uses abdominal and lower back muscles. The position requires good manual dexterity. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and able to work up to 16 hours a day.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.