What We Are Looking For:
We are currently seeking a Welder to weld standard products to include all special, small parts, and templates used to compete the job. All welders will grind and surface finish all products per instructions given through blueprints, oral instructions, & shop drawings
- High Energy
- Self Motivated
- Detailed Oriented
- Team Oriented
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Holds, positions and reads tape measure to assemble units, templates and small parts.
- Welds various types of metals and alloys in vertical, horizontal and overhead positions for high pressure and strength requirements.
- Sets up and operates welding machines places and moves blocking braces and templates to hold parts.
- Grinds rough edges, surplus weld, or scale according to blueprints, shop drawings and oral instructions
- Cleans work area, machines, tools and equipment. Performs other routine maintenance duties.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one year certificate from technical school; or three to four years of related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures or governmental regulation.
- Ability to write reports and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and employees.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle; or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stop, kneel or crouch.
- The employee must regularly lift and or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.